How can we improve Double Fine Productions?

No Xbox Support

Gotta say, I have been a HUGE fan and supporter of Double FIne since the very early days and on top of buying games, I have purchased just about every T-shirt, poster and memorbilia you have released through your store, but I have to admit that your lack of Xbox support is extremly troublesome. I can understand companies like Sony and MS buying exclusivity windows for titles, but for a 3rd party company like Double Fine, one that has supported Xbox in the past, to just give Xbox supporters the shaft when it comes to all of the remastered point and click adventure games....well, that to me just makes no sense at all. I dont know what has happened behind the scenes that has made you want to support Sony more than MS, but those are just the companies. Its the gamers of the world that make those companies, and yours, successul so whatever beef you have with MS, its not just hurting MS but also the gamers that support Xbox, many of which have supported your company many times in the past.

Well, after hearing about another popular point and click adventure being remastered, that being Burning Throttle, and once again it only coming to PS4 on the console side...well, its time to start voicing my displeasure with my wallet. I actually just checked out your store page and there is a new T-shirt I would have ordered in a hearteat. I passed and will continue to pass on those kinds of purchases until Double Fine starts supporting both consoles on even ground. I'll still buy the games as they are still coming to PC, but I prefer consoles and where in days past I purchased all of your games within the first week at 100% ful price, I will now wait until I can get your games for $2-$3 via a bundle or big Steam sale.

Sorry, but as consumers we have only 2 ways to voice our displeasure with a company. First is emailing them and letting them know your not happy, but this is a highly ineffective method as you guys most likely read those kinds of emails and then just toss them in the trash, if you even read them at all. The 2nd method is the only method that can actually effect the company and that's voting with your wallet so that is what I will have to do.

I grew up playing all of those classic point and click adventures as I was born in 1971 so I am really a part of the first generation of gamers. The point and click adventure games were some of the most memorable of all the games I played growing up so the fact that your bringing these masterpieces to PS4, while basically giving the finger to XBox suporters is just extremely disheartening. One would think as 3rd party company you would want to support as many platforms as possible. Again, I don't know what happened between you and MS, but again the people your really hurting arent MS emplyeee's, its the gamers who play on Xbox consoles. And I take that personally given how much I have spported your company in the past. Honestly, I must have spent over $500 on T-shirts alone.

I sincerely hope you change your policy in regards to Xbox support as there is nothing I would love more than to get back to enjoying and supporting your company like I have for so many years, but that just isn't goint to happen as long as you leave Xbox out of the loop with these kinds of releases. Again, I'll still buy the games as I am just way too big of a fan of those games not to buy them. I will simply wait like I did with Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle and buy them when they are like 75% off as opposed to paying full price.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MichaelMichael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on!  ·  DF VicAdminDF Vic (DF Support, Double Fine Productions) responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback! We understand that it’s frustrating when a game is not available on a particular platform, and as you mentioned there are always business reasons for releasing (or not releasing) on all platforms.

That said, we have a good working relationship with Microsoft and would love to release our game on the Xbox One platform when it is possible for us to do so. I cannot say if or when these games will release for the platform, but we’ll keep looking into it!

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...