Psychonauts 2

1. Psy2 crashes on my Surface Pro: Game does not start past opening backstory

I got the pre-game recap video fine; but when the game goes into the "atrium" of start choices it hangs consistently. I am using a Surface Pro PC, Windows 10. See attached crash screencap.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dualshock button icons don't work via Steam Playstation controller support

When using Steam's built-in Playstation controller support via the "Controllers" menu, the game will only show Xbox button icons (A/B/X/Y) when using a Dualshock 4 controller connected via Bluetooth.

The game DOES support Playstation button icons if you disable Steam Playstation controller support and use DS4Windows with output mode set to Dualshock 4.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Teleported to world origin

I was playing around with the props for Gristol's exile diorama:
    1. leaving the trees, cacti, and fish on stage
    2. moved the family to center stage

3. stage was set as the desert
    I was then teleported to the world origin and told to report this issue, pictured.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PC Controller issue

PC version not recognizing wired XBOX One Controller in menus. Works during gameplay, but anytime a menu screen comes up (like going into Settings, or a tutorial popup), the game only recognizes directional input. No buttons are recognized, and must be exited by switching to a mouse. Even keyboard controls seem to fail at times inside menus.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Found a minor bug in fatherland follies

In the second zone of the Fatherland Follies ride when you open the door behind the statue of Lucrecia I jumped onto the second spinning blade and missed my time slow taking damage and getting pushed off which reset you back to the beginning platform. Moving to quickly to jump to the first blade due to the invincibility frame and falling off leaves Raz sitting on the death box floor without dying forcing the player to exit to the menu. Probably an easy fix by lowering the kill box floor so the I-frames end first.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. D3D12 not supported

Was getting error D3D12 not supported, tried to add -DX11 unsuccessfully, uninstalled, then reinstalled, now getting the attached error. Running on Windows 10 64 bit. Played Psychonauts 1 with no problems. Will there be a fix soon?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. World Origin Teleport Issue

Playing on windows, I was in the Gzsarevich level while moving the scenery of the stage diorama and got teleported to the world origin on a white platform, nearby 2 other platforms that had a "Persistent Lili" and "Cup Cart" that didn't load

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. World Origin Teleport Issue

Playing on windows, I was in the Gzsarevich level while moving the scenery of the stage diorama and got teleported to the world origin on a white platform, nearby 2 other platforms that had a "Persistent Lili" and "Cup Cart" that didn't load

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. World Origin Teleport Issue

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Using Otto's shop soft-locks the game. (PC Gamepass)

On the PC Gamepass version, using Otto's shop during the tutorial disables all inputs after a few screens. A similar issue happens with the Intern Manual, though that one only happens when I click the mouse, and can at least be circumvented by Alt-tabbing and resuming the game, which doesn't work for Otto's shop.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. last figment not showing up on my list

hi I'm on the final mind (which I won't name so anyone scrolling through this won't be spoiled) and I'm at 97/98 figments, and when I open the list of figments to figure out what the missing one looks like so I can get a idea on what part of the mind to look in it says that I'm not missing any of the individual ones yet the total is still missing one, is there some reason why it wouldn't show what a figment looks like on the list?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. T-Posed Character Models in Psi King Level.

On Psychonauts 2 PC, during the Psi King Level, directly after finishing the Vision segment after retrieving the violin, Character models of Vision and Dr. Touch can be seen T-Posed off different parts of the stage. Vision is behind the speakers just to the right of the stage, and Dr. Touch is to the left of the right rear entrance to the stage. Both are non-interactive and have no collision. Vision still appears normally standing next to Psi King and is interactive. This is before I had been to the woods or the concession stand to recruit any of the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stuck in area I already finished while in Helmut Fullbear's brain

After finishing the concert and going back into Helmut's quiet place, after quitting in this area, and reloading the game it brought me back to the backstage area completely void of the NPC without any way to progress.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stuck in area I already finished while in Helmut Fullbear's brain

After finishing the concert and going back into Helmut's quiet place, after quitting in this area, and reloading the game it brought me back to the backstage area completely void of the NPC without any way to progress.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cassie's Collection bottle collision

In Cassie's collection, an ink bottle on top of a building where you are collecting evidence has no collision

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Softlock in Egg Rolling

In Fatherland Follies, after you get onto the Egg platforming section, I got frustrated and started psi-blasting the moving platforms. Turns out this was a Very Bad Thing To Do, because after a few blasts they just disappear, leaving you stranded. They don't respawn either, only coming back after exiting the game. Not a huge issue, but still odd that they can be broken at all.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Compton's Cookoff Boss Glitch?

When I get to the part where I'm supposed to defeat Faun Cruller, I will do exactly what I did for the previous 2 phases, but it will not do any damage, and the fight can't end. I've tried approaching it from different angles, leaving the stage and coming back, closing the game and coming back, restarting my computer, and updating the game to the most recent version as of writing this . I'm loving this so far, but if I can't beat this boss, I can't continue. I'm not sure what the problem is. I am currently running Windows…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Controller inputs stop working at random intervals

I have a Rock Candy wired controller that Steam and my PC recognizees as an XBOX controller. Whenever there is dialoge happening in the game, or one is about the start, my inputs on the controller are locked to whatever state they were in when the file starts playing.

This also happens roughly every ~10 seconds during regular play when voice lines are not being loaded as well. Unfortunately makes the game unplayable.

Hard to tell from the video, but the input is locking on not being able to move at times I am staying steady, or is locked in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Psychonauts 2

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base