Psychonauts 2

1. Controller not working with the game! Playing with a DS4 on the xbox app on PC.

The game doesn't recognize my controller. Kinda frustrating since the K&B controls aren't the best. It's a DS4 and the game is running with the xbox app on windows 10.
    Other games recognize the controller, including Psychonauts 1.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Game Pass for PC save issues

I have progressed about 2 hours into the game and every time that I close it and return my save data is nowhere to be found. I am using game pass on PC and initially pre-installed the game. I have since reinstalled the game to try and fix the issue and I still encounter the same problem. The game seems to think that it is auto-saving but when the game is closed and launched it acts as though it is my first time booting it up.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No pose option on the Otto-shot camera

I can't pose in the photo mode. I've been told, and seen before on video, that you can pose Raz immediately upon receiving the camera. However, the button is not there on my UI, and I can't pose Raz at all.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Player cannot progress out of the ambulance in the mission 'Hollis Hot Streak'

(STEAM VERSION)

In the mission 'Hollis Hot Streak' after Raz finds out that no one is driving the ambulance, player is unable to exit the ambulance, no button prompt appears at the doors, and interact button does not function.

I have tried verifying game files, re-downloading the game, changing keybinds for interact, switched to keyboard/mouse, restarted the mission, ran back and forth in the ambulance. Nothing works... I'm just stuck.

PC Specs:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    DirectX 12
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fatal Error crashes game upon loading! [SPOILERS AHEAD]

I'm roughly 10 hours into the game. I'm at the point in the story where we need to reintegrate the three aspects of Ford's mind. I've finished Fullbear's mind, and started Boole's.

The last things I did were getting the rare fungus, went to Truman's Grotto to hand it in to Lili, she wasn't there, so I loaded up the Quarry. Now any time the game attempts to load my save file, I get this message: (but without the quotes)

"LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line:3971]
    Retry was NOT successful."

This is on the Steam version of the game played on Windows 10

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "LowLevelFatalError" with Xbox Game Pass for PC

I'm getting the known "LowLevelFatalError". For Steam and the DRM-free version you suggest switching to Direct X 11. Since I want to play the game with my XBox Game Pass for PC, I can't force the game to start with Direct X 11. What should I do?

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Psychonauts 2 wont start missing .dll file

Hello, I hope your doing well! I recently installed psychonauts 2 through steam on my computer. However when I do so it won't launch. I tried running as administrator but it gave me an error message of api-ms-win-core-version-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.
    I'm running the game on windows 7 which it says the game supports on steam. And with a pretty okay/good gaming laptop core i7 and nvida 980m gpu. I really just want to play the game I was so excited!!!!
    If there's anyway someone could help it would be deeply appreciated! Please! Idk what to do
    Thank…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lucrecia's Lament glitch

panic bugged out Lucrecia's Lament and when i quit the game and returned there are no enemys but it treats me like combat is ongoing and i cannot progress please help

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can't progress in Lucrecias Lament's empty combat arena

I got to the suitcase dam and fought everything there. Quit the game after it autosaved, and now that I want to continue, nothing happens. Lucy and Ford just idle on that high platform, with him telling me to keep fighting "the minor neuroses" (no combat music though) and stopping me from exiting the brain.

I saw that there should be a cutscene where new suitcases fall into the water but that didn't happen. I can't progress. Sadly I can't provide a savegame since I'm paying on Game Pass.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dr. Touch appearing before you meet him

Non-game-breaking bug I found. When the Feel Mobile is unlocked for the 1st time, I went straight back to the camp/backstage zone and found Dr. Touch A-posing. You can't interact with him, and there is no collision, but this is before you meet him so its a bit out of place.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Loboto keeps talking all over the Motherlobe

Loboto's dialogue is heard all over the Motherlobe for some reason. Steam, Windows version.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cannot collect Cassie's first vault

Collected Cassie's first vault. When revisiting the game post credit to collect all vaults, after getting her second I noticed that the first vault memory never showed up in my menu. Revisiting the location, her vault is not there. While not game breaking, this potentially feels like a Pri 2 or Pri1 bug. Being able to 100% the game is stuck behind this. Encountered this bug while playing on Steam with a 100% repro rate when testing it on my end (5 out of 5 times).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Maternity Ward bug

Stuck in Psychonauts2 in Maternity Ward, no cutscene played. I tried everything restart, reinstall. Xbox GamePass version on PC.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pocket Sized Portal bugged

When in the M menu, when I click the pocket-sized mental portal door thingy(?) my game freezes and I have to restart it. Doesn't happen every time, but more often than not.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Key Items Crash

I'm not quite sure how, but there's a weird crash that I get whenever I click and read the description for a Key Item, such as Lili's Card and the Smelling Salts. I was able to do this multiple times, but I had to read more Key Items in order to replicate the crash.

I didn't lose any progress

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Otto-Shot doesnt save photos correctly on PC

I'm playing on Gamepass PC version and for some reason my photos only save in a hard-to-find encrypted cache folder, which is:
    (Drive with the game):\WpSystem(SID/name of the next folder)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Psychonauts2_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Local\Psychonauts2\Saved\Otto-shot

Heard steam users have the same folder but prior to LocalCache it's the game's root folder.

I don't think that's how it's supposed to work, considering you can't usually have access to that folder. I only found it thanks to Process Monitor.

Could you fix it making it save photos in some separate folder like Images? If I get it right, intended behaviour was the console one where, if I…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Subtitles seem affected by Windows Scaling (in a bad way)

I have a 4K monitor and typically have the scaling set to 200% (since I grew used to that approximate size with 1080p monitors). On loading Psychonauts 2 and seeing the "Previously On" cinematic, I was surprised to see the subtitles acting poorly. On further investigation, I found that it's tied to the Windows UI scaling.
    At 200% scale, the subtitles are too large to fit on the screen!
    At 150% scale, the subtitles just fit on the screen, but really feel way too big.
    At 100% scale, they feel just right!

I can of course then get around this…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. GAME BROKEN - CANNOT PROGRESS ANYMORE @ PSI KING'S SENSORIUM

I'm using Xbox game pass on PC. I tried to find the appdata for my game but it's seemingly impossible because I installed it through the xbox app and I just cannot find it. I don't think it even matters because I'm pretty sure I know what caused my game to bug out.

I was on the final part of the PSI King's Sensorium when you take a look inside Audie O and slow down the memories with Time Bubble. I had to quit the game before I finished in there because something came up IRL. When I started the…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Psi Power Upgrade Bug

Everything is 100% complete, but intern credit is missing or spent on nothing causing the Unlimited Power achievement to be locked.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multichannel audio issue

My setup: i typically play games with 5.1 audio using a reciever and discrete speakers. Hdmi from the gpu right to the reciever. Its all hdmi 2.0 stuff. And the PC is set to output 5.1 over LPCM. Nothing terribly complicated.

Note: I am on the windows 11 beta, but nothing really seems to have changed with sound in general (other than the look of the settings area).

Problem: It seems that with 5.1 enabled in the windows settings the game outputs certain sounds only to the back right or back left speakers.

A good example is the updrafts from…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Psychonauts 2

Categories